Eden Roc roads - hill by 13th street

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
rjanis

Eden Roc roads - hill by 13th street

Post by rjanis »

On Palainui, between 12th and 14th, peaking at 13th, there's a blind hill. Palainui is probably our busiest road. It's paved on one side, and really rough on the other. People tend to all drive on the smooth side, which is on the up side of the road. So, people driving toward the front of the subdivision tend to drive on the wrong side of the road approaching the hill. I've even seen the schoolbus drive on the wrong side of the road up the blind hill.

It's dangerous. I've nearly been hit head-on twice. Three of my neighbors have had similar near-misses. I'd like to have it made a priority to have both sides of Palainui, between 12th and 14th, paved, the next time we do paving - or sooner if possible. If it were paved on both sides and smooth, people wouldn't drive on the wrong side of the road approaching (and going over the top of) the blind hill. My neighbors agree that we'd like to see this handled as soon as possible.

Any input on how we can get this handled soon would be great.

Also, regarding the roads generally, wouldn't it be good if we did like Fern Forest does, and had a separate Road Maintenance committee that only focused on the roads, and overseeing the road maintenance trust fund? Tom, head of the volunteer fire department, mentioned that to me, and I like that idea. If we did that, I'd be happy to work with Tom on the roads committee. I know the attorney who helped structure it for Fern Forest, so if there's solid agreement for this, I can talk with her about the proper procedures and structure to get this happening for Eden Roc too.

First, let's focus on the blind hill on 13th, and see how quickly we can get the full paving done so it's safer.

aloha,
Janis
Gary

Re: Eden Roc roads - hill by 13th street

Post by Gary »

I’m in the back by 25th and I agree the blind hill by 13th and switching road is one of the most dangerous areas of the subdivision. I would recommend fixing this first before someone gets in an accident.
Thanks