Building in Eden Roc in 2023 - New Property Owners

If you have any questions about buying land, building a home, etc, ask them in here.
caloha

Building in Eden Roc in 2023 - New Property Owners

Post by caloha »

Thank you so much to the Administrator for letting me in here. My name is Cal and my wife is Rose. We are currently living in Seattle, Washington and recently purchased a land on Ohelo Street and in the process of another purchase on another street. We had submitted our permit application, but looking around my neighbors, not too many homes are in the system at the local office there. I really don't want to bring INSPECTORS to inspect my built and causing hardships on others. We want to be respectful. I heard conflicting stories about building inspectors. The office of inspection assured me that INSPECTORS are to inspect what they go out to do and not to do other businesses. And I also heard from Big Island Home Owners whom said that inspectors REFUSED to sign off on their documents, unless they take down a structure on the property and other stuff. Please let me know how to approach the Inspector so she/he doesn't go outside of what they came out to do. Thank you everyone for your response.

We also need to know the average prices for the following:
1. Land Clearing and Site Prep (50 feet driveway, 60x100 clearing and want to preserve as many native species as we can)
2. Septic Installation
3. House Pad and Foundation of a 1,000 to 1,500 Square Feet unit
4. Electrical
5. Plumbing

Reach out to me if you can help with any of the 5 phases of construction.
caloha

Re: Building in Eden Roc in 2023 - New Property Owners

Post by caloha »

Sorry, I forgot to give an update on my project. Finally got the permit after 4 months of waiting. It could be 3 months, but the DOH didn't submit a correction requested so it failed the first review, but after DOH submitted the correction, they approved it on the second review a month later. Ready to tackle the hardest issue, construction.
yurt1854

Re: Building in Eden Roc in 2023 - New Property Owners

Post by yurt1854 »

Aloha Caloha, My name is mike . I see that you were approved for your building permit , can i ask you what architect /builder you used . Im starting the whole process now at our property .. Mahalo Mike