Sustainability

This forum is for any community events, yard sales, meetings, etc.
Northey

Re: Sustainability

Post by Northey »

Yes, China may have the bigger carbon footprint, but that doesn't mean we still won't be taxed beyond belief. Ultimately it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing -- it matters what we are doing and how we are affected by the growing number of laws imposed upon us. I don't want to find myself in a position where I can't maintain my family and make a living. Revolutions have been fought for less than what is going on now in the way of taxation without real representation. Our so called representatives don't represent the needs of the people. They represent the needs of corporations and others outside of this country. I see the time coming when our truly saving grace will be that we are isolated in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and we need to be ready for it.
radiopeg

Re: Sustainability

Post by radiopeg »

So where is the closest laundry ? I have been to the one near the Steakhouse in Keaau. Is that it? I'd love a coop laundry in the subdivision. I hate the level of heat the commercial dryers need to dry you clothes for less than 10 bucks a load.

Northey wrote :
> Laundry is the other issue that seems to demand a special trip up and down
> the hill right now as well. It would be nice to be able to do it more often
> so it didn't fill the entire back of the truck each time and maybe have
> someone to talk to that made it more tolerable to do. Our other thought on
> laundry is the following: has anyone ever used the hand powered
> "James" washer? We're considering it but would love to see one or
> talk to someone who has actually used it.