DISCUSSION ON CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN FERN FOREST AND EDEN ROC

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gary

DISCUSSION ON CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN FERN FOREST AND EDEN ROC

Post by Gary »

I’m probably starting a debate here, a few people had brought this subject up. I believe there should be second entrances to every subdivision on island, however in the location at the back of a subdivision between fern forest and Eden roc I would recommend it be gated and kept locked only opened for floods and tropical storms. If there is a CD or NWS warning issued then the road could be opened to support as needed, maybe fire and police could have a key in the event of a HWY 11 closure. After looking and talking to others on both sides of the fence, I still believe it should be gated. It would be nice to see a dirt road connecting Kahikopele to both Fern Forest and Fern Acres however this should be done through the county for safety issues. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks
Gary
louiem

Re: DISCUSSION ON CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN FERN FOREST AND EDEN ROC

Post by louiem »

originaly when we opened it up for emergency access we paid to put in a very nice gate and had it locked, the Fern Forest side cut the gate open with a sawsall, we then put it back up and had concrete inserted into the gate poles and they again busted thru, after many numerous complaints and near miss accidents at 17 and ohia we put up the concrete barriers, we do not want it opened up

Louie
Gary

Post by Gary »

Aloha Louie
It seems like you have done everything I would of tried over time and I would eventually felt the risk outward the benifet. I guess now, where can we find bigger rocks.
I sure if there is a large scale disaster, we could find access to heavy equipment to get out in a few days. I don't see any point in investing much time on the project if no one respected the rules from the past. Maybe a lot of soft dirt or mud will keep most out if they need to call a tow truck. We could use the dirt on the sides of the roads and some large rocks to make a barrier.
Well thanks for all you guys do one day I'll stop up to a meeting and buy lunch.
Thanks
Gary
mella2u

Post by mella2u »

Previous experience. Perhaps dig a trench across the access road wide enough for a wheel to get stuck if there are problems. It worked for a farmer I know.