Dogs and HELCO

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gondor11

Dogs and HELCO

Post by Gondor11 »

The neighbor just received his 8th ticket for loose dogs. The humane society says unless the dogs bite someone they cannot stop this abuse. I have written about this before. The landlord could care less as he lives in California. How would you handle humanely, dogs that have scratched your new car trying to get to a cat in your driveway? Also, had my house ripped while I was in the hospital. Only got DVDS and my camera. This was in November. Auwe! People on temp. poles from HELCO beware. If you have your electricity turned off for any reason, they will not turn it back on, even if you have good credit. You must build that permanent home within the stated period and have the box transferred to it.
Gary

Re: Dogs and HELCO

Post by Gary »

I'm sorry to here your having so much trouble. I don't mind the roaming dogs much. I did have three kill my goat but he was not in a fenced area. Dogs are always going to be out here and in most cases it's too costly to fence the yard. I would say the best bet would be a cheap paint ball gun might be your best bet. If I had to clean paint off the dog a few times they might get the hint. Also it may deter the dog. You may want to try hot pepper water in a high power water gun. The dog will get the hint, some small fireworks may also scare him off. A final solution would be a high frequency noise generator that only dogs can here. Like a dog whistle on all the time. If there are kids around this may not be a good idea it can cause headaches in children. Hope this helps. You could also try just giving the dog some attention and table scraps you may be able to get him to listen to you. And be lazy when he stops by. Just remember there are so posed to mans best friend.
Thanks
Gary