Horses???

If you have any questions about buying land, building a home, etc, ask them in here.
Granettranch

Horses???

Post by Granettranch »

Does anyone in Eden Roc have horses? Seems like the lots are mostly an acre in size which would be big enough for them, does anyone know if there are deed restrictions against them? Besides horses does anyone know of any other deed restrictions on the lots?

thanks

john
louiem

Re: Horses???

Post by louiem »

IF YOU'VE EVER BEEN TO EDEN ROCK YOU WOULD KNOW IT'S NOT THE BEST PLACE FOR HORSES, UNLESS YOU'RE WILLING TO SPEND THOUSANDS, IF NOT TENS OF THOUSANDS ON MAKING IT SO.
Granettranch

Post by Granettranch »

Have not been there yet.... Looking forward to my first visit.... So why isnt eden rock the best place for horses????? I live in the middle of the desert here in arizona and one might think that this is not the best place for horses, but they are all over the place here.... 8-)
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

My two cents might not be worth much more than that. I think that the fact all the area to ride is pretty much lava rock here in the subdivision, hard on their feet. Most of the properties are heavily wooded and not immediately suited to fencing or pasture. People do have horses in Puna, but not so much here. You might try a google search for more information from people that have horses here on the Big Island. Try the Puna Web site, and do a search, I think there might be some information there. It rains a lot, your critters will be standing in mud much of the time. And people have trouble walking because of loose dogs, I imagine they can be a nuisance to riders as well. You would probably have to trailer to get anywhere with a good bridle path. So, it is not very practical here, but not against the regulations per se. Maybe if you got a property already horse friendly, you could make a start.