Neighborhood Watch

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gondor11

Neighborhood Watch

Post by Gondor11 »

A 38 year white male is looking for help and giving everyone in the neighborhood a sad story. I helped him out being part of the Mobile Clothing Ministry of my church. He ripped off my purse, and some other things.I am dealing with this. I am conerned about someone he said lived on 17th willing to give him a house. They should be aware of the stealing. His brother lives on 13th but does not seem to have to much to do with him. His name is Brian and is from Washington State. If you you wish more information I will be checking the forum.
radiopeg

Re: Neighborhood Watch

Post by radiopeg »

Keep us posted. And thanks for the heads up. Peggy
Gondor11

Post by Gondor11 »

Been looking for this fellow. He told me some more people in the subdivision have been giving him a ride on Ohia. Also met through the ministry cons living on 26th. Brian hangs out at Kurtistown park.
Gondor11

Post by Gondor11 »

Saw Brian at Kurtistown Park again. He took off like a scared rabbit. Please be careful about helping him.
kane

Post by kane »

I'm just wondering - after reading the posts here - what is the crime rate and types of crimes generally occurring in Eden Roc? We are looking to relocate in general Puna area.... Is Eden Roc generally safer, same as, or worse than other areas in Puna? Speeding & littering, we can handle and clean up... dog bites - not so much. I'd be hard pressed not to shoot the dog -and possibly the owner (j/k- mostly) if they bit my babies... How about other crimes/activities? less than, same as, or worse than other areas?

Thanks!
Overprotective Mom from Minnesota :)
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

I waited a few days to see if others would share their experiences, but I guess no one else had anything to add. I have been living in this subdivision for just over a year. I like it for many reasons. It's cooler than the lower elevations. There are less bugs, it seems to me. The immediate neighbors seem to be the biggest help in feeling secure. I have good ones. Almost all the subdivisions have some problem with residential burglary. I don't think we are much different here. The economy being poor, and drugs being a factor, it is something you have to consider. I had one dog nip here, by a loose dog. The dog is no longer around. I think there is a site (city data, perhaps) that can give you particulars by zip code for various crimes. When my mainland house sells, we will be looking here for our permanent residence. Peggy

I found the link for City Data http://www.city-data.com/
kane

Post by kane »

Thanks for the reply, radiopeg. I was starting to wonder if nobody spoke to mainlanders! :) I'm glad to hear that you are still finding that you like enough to relo to the same area permanently. I think the biggest lesson I've learned ready thru PunaWeb and this forum, is that you really HAVE to rent before you buy to explore the neighborhoods. "Eden-on-blocks" is still on our list... lol! Thanks!