Generators Night Noise Pollution

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
sleepless

Generators Night Noise Pollution

Post by sleepless »

I know this is Ag land, but we do have rights be able to sleep at night too. Does anybody have problems with people running LOUD generators 24/7 near them, or at least during the hours of 12am-6am. If you do, let me know, I'm trying to do something about it. There are other options, solar, battery banks, QUIET generators, mufflers, sound proof sheds, etc. To make Eden Roc a more desirable place to live, our rights have to be respected.
By the way, I HAVE A GENERATOR TOO! And I run it to do laundry or when my batteries need charged, etc. I am NOT trying to ban generators, I know that they are needed. But they should be used in the most logical and efficient way we can. When they are ran practically every night, all night, this is not good for our community and a violation and disrespect of other's rights. In addition, it is not good for you, there are very negative health effects from this. If you feel the same way, please reply or sign my petition at:
http://signon.org/sign/brittany-smart-f ... r_by=56889
Gary

Re: Generators Night Noise Pollution

Post by Gary »

I don’t like extra laws, however 12AM to 5AM would be reasonable unless they worked in Kona and needed to get up at 3AM with a hot shower. Maybe you could convince them to buy an old APC battery backup for the TV then they could connect it to a larger battery bank. Many offices get rid of them when the battery dies we may be able to check with local recycle centers for the inverter section. It would be better to educate than pass laws. I passed over a power cord to my neighbor for the late night. He gives back some beer money.
ThePalms

Post by ThePalms »

I think the 17,582 coquis on my property have PRIORITY over your 70 decibel generator concern.

Or, how about my neighbors beating the hell out of each other and their 4 kids (whose father is probably raping the daughter).

Or how about the non-stop dog barking and tearing through my trash every night.

Or the thieving, terrorist, ice cooking, dope selling, tearing up the sides of the road Joseph Goodman and others like him (and there are MANY) being thrown in jail?

Maybe we could start with the idiots who drive their piece of s**t cars 55 mph when people are walking down the road.....OMG
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

I've got to think there is a reason for running the generators at those late night hours. That's probably when they are awake. There are reasons why, some people are natural insomniacs. Maybe they could not afford a propane refrigerator and run it for refrigeration? The cheaper generators are noisy, and that's what they can afford. Maybe a little befriending would add to your information. Try thinking of it as white noise. White noise helps you fall asleep.