2014 Storm

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gary

2014 Storm

Post by Gary »

Aloha
A thanks to the backhoe operator who cleared the roads the morning after the storm and to the team who cleared the downed tree in the top of the sub division. I'm sure there was a lot more i did not see. Thanks to all who helped eden rock.
Thanks
Gary
MikeR

Re: 2014 Storm

Post by MikeR »

I'm on the mainland and wondering how Eden Roc fared. Were there any power lines down? I know the power is out in many areas, which explains why some of my emails haven't been answered. Has power returned anywhere in ER yet? I bet that downed tree you are talking about was that big Albezia. It's about the only one I can think of up top that would be able to block the road. One of the reasons my wife and I picked Eden Roc was because we didn't like the high concentration of Albezias in other neighborhoods (Hawaiian Beaches had some very scary trees).
Gary

Re: 2014 Storm

Post by Gary »

Aloha mike
Some parts of eden Roc received power Monday and I believe the rest on Thursday there could be some side streets or small pockets still without power in MT view. I believe Helco said there was over 200 downed poles and over 130 blown transforms. I have heard the papaya, coffie and Mac nuts trees took a hit and many are still without power.
Thanks
Gary