Old toy and item exchange

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gary

Old toy and item exchange

Post by Gary »

The past week I tried taking some items to the Salvation Army. They told me the toys were too big and they had no place to put them. Can we start some type of a giveaway or exchange. I am a packrat at heart. When I through something away that's still working. I just think things should have a second life. If anyone is interested maybe we can set something at the park on Sundays.
We could say if you are giving away items admission is free.
Selling food a spot would 10 per day for the first few months then move to twenty
Selling new non food items would be 15 per day for the first few months then move to twenty.

Other ideas are welcome but it may generate some minor road funds and help build the community stronger.
After it gets established we could have music and guest speakers.

Any Ideas
francine

Re: Old toy and item exchange

Post by francine »

I agree we should meet up and chat....i also got useful household items that I am sure another family can use. I always forget to take it all the way down the hill at keaau recycle center. So, like I said great idea, we should get together and I got good idea to bring up funds for road maintenance as well.
Gary

Re: Old toy and item exchange

Post by Gary »

Aloha
To any of the board members, do we have your support on this idea. If so maybe we could stop by at one of the monthly meetings to discuses options. It would be nice to hold something monthly by the fire station
Thanks