Crime

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gary

Crime

Post by Gary »

I wanted to start a Crime watch post. If you are/had issues, things stolen or Crime in your area please try to post as much detail as possible without giving your address. Please give the nearest street or street number I thought things were getting better in the subdivision but some things may go unreported to the police.
Thanks
Gary

Re: Crime Eden Roc Stabbing on Pilo St - 21 street

Post by Gary »

Hawaiʻi Police Department
Criminal Investigations Section, Area I
Lieutenant Gregory Esteban
Phone: 961-2252
Report No. C13029757

Media Release

Hawaiʻi Island police have arrested a man in connection with a stabbing in Puna on Tuesday afternoon (November 5).

At 3:20 p.m., officers responded to a report of a stabbing victim on Pilo Street in the Eden Roc subdivision. They arrived to find an unresponsive 32-year-old man with multiple stab wounds.

Police took a 34-year-old man into custody but were not immediately able to verify his identity. The suspect was arrested on suspicion of second-degree murder and initially taken to the Hilo police cellblock. He was then transferred to Hilo Medical Center for treatment of undisclosed non-life-threatening injuries.

The victim’s name is being withheld pending positive identification and notification of his family.

Police ask anyone with information about this case to contact Detective Dean Uyetake at 961-2379 or duyetake@co.hawaii.hi.us or Detective Joel Field at 961-2381 or jfield@co.hawaii.hi.us.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call Crime Stoppers at 961-8300 in Hilo or 329-8181 in Kona and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.
MikeR

Re: Crime

Post by MikeR »

This stabbing is one of a few odd events in this area over the last year. A guy down the road allegedly went off his meds and was taken to hospital in July, and then passed away a month or so later reportedly as a result of mental illness, and then around Pilo and Palainui there was the fire that claimed a life. It's sad.
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

Two and a half years in Eden Roc and we had no serious losses. It helps to have a locked gate, a dog and an alarm. I often picked up hitch hikers, never had a problem. Still a lot of poor but honest folks around. We have since moved to a different subdivision, but had there been a house available when I was looking, I would have stayed there. Most stories I heard about were crimes of opportunity. It helps to be a good neighbor and make friends. Even the ones you are suspicious of for one reason or another. Also do post the stories you hear about. Many more eyes can make for a safer neighborhood.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Our experience has been the same. Even the fellow down the road who had the mental illness problem was friendly and not a problem. In fact the one time I met him he was acting as an unofficial neighborhood watch and informing me about suspicious activity the previous day that turned out to be two of my friends helping me with a job. So far two years without incident, we have a good gate and keep the house occupied even when we are off Island.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Report No. C14016937

Media Release

Hawaiʻi Island police are investigating a reported shooting over the weekend in the Puna District.

At about 11:07 a.m. Saturday (June 28), police received a call of an in-progress threat incident in the Eden Roc subdivision in Mountain View involving a man brandishing a machete.

Responding officers arriving on 6th Street discovered the 30-year-old male victim with apparent gunshot wounds after he stopped his tow truck to inform police what happened. The victim was taken to Hilo Medical Center in serious condition and has since been released. He was subsequently arrested for unrelated warrants and remains in the police cellblock.

Detectives from the Area I Criminal Investigations Section are continuing the investigation, which is classified as a second-degree attempted murder.

Detectives do not have a suspect in custody but are looking for a local male known as “Dennis,” who is described as between 40 and 50 years old, with short salt-and-pepper hair and a mustache. He was last seen wearing jeans shorts.

Police ask that anyone with information about this incident or anyone who may have witnessed it contact Detective Dean Uyetake at 961-2379 or deuyetake@co.hawaii.hi.us or Detective John Rodrigues Jr. at 961-8222 or jrodrigues@co.hawaii.hi.us.

Tipsters who prefer to remain anonymous may call Crime Stoppers at 961-8300 in Hilo or Kona and may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000. Crime Stoppers is a volunteer program run by ordinary citizens who want to keep their community safe. Crime Stoppers doesn’t record calls or subscribe to caller ID. All Crime Stoppers information is kept confidential.