Free TV OTA over the air - FTA

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gary

Free TV OTA over the air - FTA

Post by Gary »

Aloha
For many of us that can't afford or just don't want to pay for TV service like directv or dish there is still 12 free channels accessible from Eden Roc. I have a directional antinna at 16 ft aimed at the Hilo Hawaiian hotel. All channels come in good. The newer TV's have digital tuners built in so no problems the old tv may need a converter box. It may be best to just buy a new tv the boxes go for around $50. For a little work this is free Tv i have listed a good site to show the channel listing.
http://puna.tv/

For those more advanced users that have old unused directv dishes laying around you can research FTA this is free sat TV. I would say it is for the more advanced as you will need to point the dish and know how to in stall parts on the dish. 97w and 95 w are easy to tune in. Please ask if you need more info on this subject. Listed is a good link to start with. I have only been able to go as low as 89w
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php
Thanks
Gary
Gary

Re: Free TV OTA over the air - FTA

Post by Gary »

Aloha
PBS added another channel 10-3 it looks like PBS kids
Thanks
Gary
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

Thanks for the info, Gary!
Gondor11

Post by Gondor11 »

Where did you get the antenna?
Gary

Post by Gary »

Aloha
Sorry for the long delay, not sure if you still need this information. I use and like the “Winegard HD7694P High Definition VHF/UHF Antenna” from Amazon its currently listed for 59.16 and it was free shipping. I used a 20 ft pole and have it mounted about 16 ft up with 2 ft in the ground and the side of the house for support. I would recommend grounding both pole and line if possible. We receive
4-1 KITV-HD ABC
4-2 MeTV
9-1 KFVE DT
10-1 KMEB-HD PBS
10-2 KMEB-SD PBS/NHK
10-3 KMEB-s2 PBS Kids
11-1 KHAW_HD FOX
11-2 KHAW_CW
13-1 KHNL TV NBC
13-2 KGMB TV CBS
14-1 KWHE-DT

Thanks
Gary
Gary

Post by Gary »

Aloha
If you recently lost channels 4-1 and 4-2 they are back on the air and have moved digital channels. If you complete a new digital scan you should be able to locate MeTV on 13-3 ABC is on 13-2 and KGMB CBS moved to 22-4. I will update if any other changes occur.
Thanks
Gary