Dogs

For posting anything in any category we don't yet have a forum for...
Gondor11

Dogs

Post by Gondor11 »

Tenent has his dogs run around the neighborhood causing alot of problems and he is not around. Killing pets, trashing the trash, pooping in your yard, and tearing down the fence. Humane Society has visited many times but when they leave he lets them go again. Can anyone help me find a humane way to deal with the neighbor's dogs? I have hit them but they still come back. Other neighbors are unhappy too. 12th street
radiopeg

Re: Dogs

Post by radiopeg »

Something that makes a horrible noise the dogs don"t like? I got bit in the leg while in the road by my driveway and I really feel loose dogs are a problem. Have you asked the Humane society to make a suggestion? If they get enough calls will they do anything? I wish there was something like a portable zapper to make them go away. Bad dogs are usually due to bad owners, but you don't want to escalate. What about old fashioned squirt gun with dilute ammonia? My Dad carried one in the car for bumper chasers.
louiem

Post by louiem »

get a dog trap and then take them to the humane society
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

Now Louie, that makes sense. Straight to the problem. No dog, no problem. Does anyone lend traps? We used to be able to borrow skunk sized traps from a local feed store.
Gondor11

Post by Gondor11 »

This are two very large dogs. One I had tied up but the Humane Society never showed to pick him up. The owner came on my land and releashed the dog the next day. His dogs also steal whole bags of food. Now there is a neighbor across the street with two dogs tied up. They bark for hours as the neighbors dogs are visiting. Sad situation. Does anyone know how I can contact the owner of the lot and let her know the situation before I have to use more drastic methods?
airin96771
Site Admin

Post by airin96771 »

Do you have the address or TMK of the lot? Or can you describe it well? You can email me privately at Airin96771 at gmail dot com (or even Airin at edenrocestates dot com), I'm the webmaster for the site and can do some checking for you. I also know a few people on the street and one comes to mind as the person you may be referring to. I can at least pull up their tax records to find the address their tax bill goes to which should be current.
Gondor11

Post by Gondor11 »

I wrote the owner of the lot. One of the dogs still comes over often. The tenent has kept the nasty one away from me but other residents on the street have told me he is still let loose while I am at work. I come home to find dog prints around my back porch and things over turned, or torn up. The tenent is still stubborn and does not understand. I hear gun shots this morning in the distance. Hope no one is hurt.
Gondor11

Post by Gondor11 »

Well it is October and the last time I posted was December. Since I last wrote the tenents dogs have killed almost all of the cats I had left. He also sent a man over here with the tenents dogs to go on my back porch capture my kitten and feed it to the tenents dogs. This guy is a real creeep. Well, the lot next to his is being bulldozed and the owner assured me the dogs do not have a chance against a bulldozer. It is cool that now you can see the rental house from the street and see how close it is to the border. I am sure it is not the required 20 foot. I am happy I do not have to chase them anymore ( as I am still learning to walk) because he is keeping them in the house ( I wonder if the owner knows.) Have a nicea day.
francine

Post by francine »

Wow, sorry to hear of the unfortunate evenrs. we were able to take a pitbull to to the humane society a few months ago. And one is still loose with what looks like mange or just really bad flea problems, I struggled to get rid of neighbor dogs infestastion this spring...it was a nightmare...my children seemed to be eatin alive! I got loys of headaches and lots to lose from loose dogs. The guy diwn the road (on our road) had his pet dog get chewed up and luckily saved by the vet...now if it was my child on our property. That would be the lasy I ever see anyones loose dogs come n go as they please. I am ready to shoot the ones that tempt to hurt anything or spread diseases, but for hopless wonderers that is harmless explorers...they get a trip to humane society.we do it, because its most likely they wont.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Aloha
Some dogs are natural hunters its in there blood its like a cat catching a mouse and the bad dogs still need to run sometimes, however I would have to draw the line with the neighbors going on your property. I would set up a camera and try to catch them trespassing. As for the dogs I would mix up some vinegar, lemon juice, and Cayenne Pepper in a high power water gun. It will repel the dogs and they should stop coming by about the fourth time they get hit with it. It sounds like the owner started a war, I would add some Easter egg dye to the mix and they'll take it home you get the point, At least they will know the dog is out making trouble. Also try giving the cats a good place to hide that the dogs can not reach. If a water gun will not work and you have a good arm you can use plastic Easter eggs fill them with fine black and Cayenne Pepper and a small fishing weight. The egg will open on impact and cause the dogs eyes to burn. It will not cause any long term damage and will wash away with the rain.