Plant starts to trade?

For posting classifieds. This can include: For Sale, Free, Trading, Services Offered, Services Wanted, etc.
radiopeg

Plant starts to trade?

Post by radiopeg »

I have a few things to share that are already potted up, including blue ginger, maile, banana, etc. I have others that I could share as a cutting, Okinawa spinach, thornless blackberry, gardenia, sleeping hibiscus, and red, white, and salmon/orange gingers. I am looking for rainbow eucalyptus, pepper vine, and moringa. If you even know a source that has these, I'd appreciate knowing about them. I have been asking when I go to plant places, and so far, no luck.
Gary

Re: Plant starts to trade?

Post by Gary »

I think this is a great idea, we should set something up at the firehall /park on Sunday's. I would like to see things like fruits, vegetables, plants, chickens, livestock and maybe things like a yard sale. I think it would be good for the community and allow those who have trouble making it out of the subdivision to build a better life style. I don't think we have enough traffic to last several hours a 10:00 am to 2:00 pm would be a good Sunday afternoon. As far as your question on the pepper vine. I did get one from garden exchange before but it did not last. I think it was too wet or needed a green house. It's something I would try again so if I come across one I will post an update.
Thanks
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

It would be a good idea, if we can get anyone to participate. I, too, got a pepper vine at Garden Exchange, and within 2 days, the leaves started having dark spots on them. I have it under cover in the green house, hoping it will survive.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Let me know how it turns out. We should start some type of wish list for plants or other stuff things I might through away might be someone else's treasure. I was at the dump and watched a truck full of kids toys just get crushed before I could get up to the spot. They looked to be in good condition play house stuff probably $??? New. If we start the wish list I like all kinds of hot peppers and are easy to grow. May be we can wait and see if we get any other traffic on this post then stop by to present it to the board .
Thanks
Gary
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

Gary, The East Hawaii Water Garden Club meets every third Tuesday at the Kea'au Community Center at 5 PM. They usually have a speaker, and also do door prize drawings for whatever members have brought in, and then an auction for whatever people donate for that purpose. It is a lot of fun. March will be a speaker who is an expert on Ohias. April will be a seed and plant exchange. Don't hold your breath waiting for something to happen here. I'll be glad to participate. You did see how little response I got to my original post?
islandshadows

Post by islandshadows »

I have some moringa seeds, I will give you a few, if you want to try. It will grow in eden roc and flower, but no seeds will grow this high.
Aloha Richard
radiopeg

Post by radiopeg »

I finally bought a real house, here in Fern Acres. My altitude is lower, about 300 feet is all. Thanks for your seed offer, Richard, I have a Moringa in a pot here that is flowering now. I still have my lot in Eden Roc, I like the higher elevation, just can't afford to build. I did have several apples this year on my tiny tree I got at WalMart two years ago. Also, was very surprised to see my two year old (two years our from purchase at Plant it Hawaii) mango last year had a fruit on it. Florigon, I think was the variety. I plant stuff that might do better in a dry or warmer year, as well as in a cooler year. Here at my new location, I am starting all over to plant food.