Free Emergency Preparedness Classes Available

This forum is for any community events, yard sales, meetings, etc.
radiopeg

Free Emergency Preparedness Classes Available

Post by radiopeg »

For those of you who might be interested in public service/emergency preparation etc. with the Civil Defense CERT groups, there is a meeting at Hokulani's Wednesday June 13th at 6 PM.
Here is the link about CERT (Citizen Emergency Response Team).
http://www.citizencorps.gov/cert/about.shtm.

This is a meeting put together by the HPP group, and will have a few items of particular information for them. It is also a meet and greet for anyone else interested in the program. I did it, 4 Saturdays in a row.

It is not a difficult program, and is really productive in giving us skills to use in a major catastrophe. There is no cost for this training. I know one person in Fern Acres has gone through the program, and myself here in Eden Roc. Volcano has an active group, as well as HPP. We need some more Mountain View area volunteers. Even if you are not the most physically active individual, you can learn to other useful skills. This is a background check, because you get a badge and potentially will be entering people's private property under emergency situations. Open book test at class end. No drug test. Meet nice people, too. :D